Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Moldova Chisinau Full-time JobONG, Non-profit, Voluntariat Chisinau 26 views Reference: VWPe9O28bLy
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) unit supports learning and quality improvement of programmes through the rigorous and systematic use of data. NRC is currently seeking an M&E Coordinator to support monitoring and evaluation across projects implemented directly and through partners in Moldova and Romania.
Under the supervision of the Area Manager, the M&E coordinator will support the implementation of the M&E strategy and processes. Using NRC’ standards, he/she will ensure that quality standards and learning are integrated across all projects and will support project teams and partners to develop, update and consolidate planning, monitoring and learning tools. He/she will provide technical support project teams in all monitoring, and evaluation activities, data management and use in coordination with project technical leads and the M&E Manager.
- Roles and Responsibilities
The Area M&E Coordinator will hold dual responsibility for ensuring timely collection, entry, processing, documentation and dissemination of all data and information relevant to Project and performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) reporting and coordinating and delivering targeted M&E technical assistance to implementing partners in Romania and Moldova and direct implementation in Moldova.
- Ensure adherence to NRC's global M&E standards and guidelines.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system, including standard operating procedures, standardized monitoring and evaluation tools and ensure the implementation of the same at area level.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of all M&E activities at the area level, ensuring that they are conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all M&E activities are planned in accordance with the country strategy and programmatic objectives.
- Supervision and capacity building of area-level M&E staff.
- Participate in the programmatic review, development and revision of the theory of change and logical framework design and ensure the dissemination and use of mandatory NRC indicators.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluation results and routine data in project design, adjustment or revision and encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning based on monitoring and evaluation results.
- Systematically document good practices and lessons learned and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influences the strategic development of future projects and activities.
- In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager, organize and facilitate reflective sessions to capture good practices and lessons learned throughout the project cycle.
- Lead the development of project monitoring and evaluation plans and provide technical input on results monitoring methodologies, data analysis plans and reports and ensure that programme teams and partners have the necessary support for data collection and reporting.
- Conduct regular data quality checks on all data submitted by programme and M&E teams and partners.
- Periodically conduct quality monitoring of project implementation based on agreed upon plans to identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Develop results monitoring reports including analytical summaries (infographics, etc.) and contribute to internal and external reports in collaboration with the Project Coordinators and the Area Program Manager.
- In collaboration with the Area Programme Manager, ensure adequate budgeting for M&E activities, including necessary equipment.
- Support the M&E Manager in strengthening the capacities of programme and M&E staff and partners in conceptual areas of M&E and data management and other identified needs.
- Represent the M&E department in appropriate coordination forums.
- Other duties as jointly discussed with the line manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in a relevant field such as development studies, operations research, statistics, etc.
- Significant work experience will be considered in lieu of specific M&E related education.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an international NGO in an emergency setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Sound experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Experience in capacity strengthening of internal and external stakeholders and demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Analytical and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context in Moldova and Romania.
- Knowledge of Russian/Ukrainian and Romanian languages.
- Experience in one or more of NRC’s core competencies (Education, ICAL, Protection, Shelter, WASH)
- Knowledge of UN system, experience with field level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, donors and authorities.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience utilising Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI) software, e.g., ODK, CSPro, KoboCollect, etc., and knowledge of Power Bi, SPSS, STATA, NVivo, etc. will be an advantage.
2. Behavioral competencies
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.