Logistics Officer Moldova Chisinau Full-time JobONG, Non-profit, Voluntariat Chisinau 50 views Reference: mxkaz9X5eJ0
To apply , please click on the following link to submit an application:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values, dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the logistics officer position is the day-to-day implementation of logistics functions in Moldova for the Norwegian Refugee Council, in an effective and accountable manner.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator in Moldova and with the support of the current Finance and Logistics teams, the Officer must:
1. Ensure adherence with NRC logistics, handbooks and guidelines
2. Ensure all logistics operations are fully documented and filing system well organized
3. Identify, assess and manage positive and productive relationships with suitable and reliable suppliers in accordance with NRC logistics guidelines
4. Conduct procurement processes accountably, with excellent communication, to requesters and stakeholders
5. Collect feedback, diagnose logistics-related problems, and propose solutions, implement actions in coordination with technical Managers and supervisor in Moldova
6. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
7. Contribute to implementation of NRC’s Anti-Corruption policies in procurement, and across all areas of work
- Implement proper recording and monthly reporting systems for all logistics activities
- Collect items from the suppliers and ensure all following documents are in place (Goods Receiving Note (GRN), Work Certificate, receipts/invoices, etc.)
- Maintain and update all procurement tools according to NRC Logistic Guidelines at all-times including Contract Tracker, Procurement Tracking Sheet, Vendor Database. Ensure all framework of agreement are valid and updated accordingly.
- Process procurement requests as requested by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Ensure all received samples are well recorded, labelled and storage in the warehouse.
- Assess the market, share price list with program staff and update vendor database accordingly.
- Process reference checks of suppliers, and carry out anti-terrorism checks as NRC policies and procedures.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons.
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
• Ensure regular coordination with logistics, HR and finance department
• Regular cooperation with program staff
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
• 1 year minimum of experience from working as a Logistics or Procurement Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
• Good level of English, written and spoken, mandatory
• Fluent in local languages in Moldova.
• Knowledge of Moldova markets, vendors, and logistics capacities (warehousing, road access, etc.) preferred
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed. Deadline: 20th of February 2023.